Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The second day of work was still not good. We were down all day and our IT guys were running around like crazy trying to get if fixed so that the agents could work. Today both of us got to sit down and have some really good conversations with our team. Everyday I just keep learning all types of new things about Jamaica. I almost have all the names memorized. I cant wait to be able to help them get their sales up. Over all Jamaica is an amazing place. Today it was sunny and somewhat overcast. The ocean was so blue. We still havent went to the beach, maybe this weekend we will be able to go. I miss home but I love it here too. Im really glad that we came here to help bring up the new call center. Me and Tina are sitting at home and the boys are at the call center trying to get everything fixed. On the way to work from when I came home for lunch, I got to talk to my driver and he told me some things that are pretty neat. In Jamaica they honk alot when they are driving , once means that they want to go first so please let them go first, two times means thank you, and if they lay on the horn or if its more than two times them that means the middle finger. Very funny. One day I will video me riding to work so everyone can see how crazy they drive and downtown Montego Bay. Well I guess that its for now, I will update things soon.

2 comments:

  1. What an incredible experience for you two! Take it all in --- you will be amazed at how much you will learn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we need to learn the honk symtems too because nobody would know what the finger meant.

    ReplyDelete